February 3, 2014

Super Bowl Weekend

I don't think I could have had a MORE fun and relaxing weekend at home. It started off on Friday with some amazing news that I will be able to share next Monday (stay tuned for a good story..) and so we started off with a little celebration time.


After hanging out at the house for a while, we headed about five minutes down the road to Jalisco's and had a great dinner date. Thank you Groupon for keeping our date under $20! I ordered the Shrimp Diablos and Scottie ordered enchiladas. So yummy!


We met my brother Chris back at the house and decided to head to Game Stop to finally get the XBOX Kinect we've been wanting for a while, did you know they're only $39.99 pre-owned!? We got some games to go along with it, and our Friday turned into a little game night. 


We've only tried the middle game so far, and I am LOVING the bowling, volleyball, and ping pong on this game. It is a great workout, too! I had never played the kinect before so this was super fun, I highly recommend getting one if you have an xbox. And it also served for some great games Before the Super Bowl started. 

Saturday was nothing but laziness. We watched Last Vegas, Mud, other TV movies. We've seen Captain Phillips lately (just wow! so good) and relaxed on the couches. 

Pancakes, bacon, and mimosas for breakfast. So deeeeelicious.



Sunday Funday. We had Chris, Suzy, and Denise over for the Super Bowl game. I actually got out of the house Sunday and went grocery shopping (desperately needed, we haven't been in over 2 weeks...yikes) and picked up some easy ingredients for some super bowl apps later. We played more Xbox Kinect all the way up until the game started. How about that game???? I was totally going for Broncos, but lets be honest - I really was just waiting for that #BestBuds commercial to come on ALL GAME LONG!! The commercials weren't THE best, but they were way better than last year, anyone agree? Also, the halftime show. The HALF TIME SHOW. It was the best I've seen in so many years. Dear Bruno Mars, YOU are amazing just the way you are. Loved him. Also really fun to see Red Hot Chili Peppers. 

I'll be doing a post later this week for Easy Super Bowl Appetizers, so be looking out! We had Buffalo Chicken Taquitos, which I've made before and are super easy and delicious, Spicy Spinach Queso, and Burger Sliders. We also had a bunch of celery, bleu cheese, chips n dip, etc. Oh and lots of beer, crown, and sky vodka.  I'd say we had a pretty good time.

Huxley was sure enjoying the fire :-) 
What did you do for the Super Bowl?? Hope you had a relaxing weekend!!

No comments: