November 14, 2011

Sweet Tooth

This weekend was a pretty good mix of crazy busy and very relaxing... wait is that possible? lol Both Saturday and Sunday, I decided to go volunteer up at the Austin Convention Center where I just helped set up and organize some events they had going on.

At first when I got there I was hoping it'd be a gorgeous wedding or something - but the two events were a Fencing Tournement and a Comic Book Convention. My initial reaction was kinda "blah", but the fencing tourney was pretty neat and I walked around during the Comic Book part and it was awesome!!
 
I actually met a ton of stars from movies (we weren't allowed to take pics :(...) but here are some of the peeps I got to meet..
 
The main cast of ghost hunters...

source

The orginial Go Daddy girl... also the champion of Women's WWE Wrestling... Candice Michelle

source

The woman who did the voice of Pocahontas - she looks just like her! She is also so sweet and very graceful. Irene Bedard

source

Carl Grimes from The Walking Dead

source

Kevin Sorbo who starred as Hercules and also was in Meet the Spartans! He also writes books!

source

Electra and Elise Avellan - The Grindhouse girls


The (grown up) cast of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory!

source
Daniel Logan from Star Wars


and rememer this kid from American History X??

source
Edward Furlong... he isn't as cute anymore - but he was super nice!
 
Here are some recap pictures taken by @Do512 on the Comic Con Event: CLICK HERE to SEE!
 
 
There were many others there too that I could go on for a while. Either way, it was a pretty cool experience and I felt good volunteering and helping out. They also had a kid's costume contest and so many crazy talented artist that were drawing comics right in front of my eyes - it's insane!

The other half of my weekend was spent on the couch - watching football. :) Scott had a guy's poker night last night at his buddy's house... so I spent a good few hours to myself... baking!

Not sure what got into me, but I wanted to make a TON of sweets! I had a wild sweet  tooth. Does that ever happen to you?

I baked everything. I pulled up Mrs. Ruthie's post she had over the weekend of no-bake granola bites, and made those...
[you can find that recipe here]

 


I also used a lot of the ingredients from the granola bars plus a box of cake mix I hadn't used to make some muffins and cookies!


Found this new amazing "easy frosting"- which... don't hate: I am artistically challenged and can't ever do frosting right! So this works for me!! LOL



I even made some already pre mixed cookies our friend Matt brought over...


 

See!? I told you I had a crazy sweet tooth.... jeeeeez! :)
 

This weekend I also spent some good QT with my little boo...


 
He's gettin' SOO big right?? Aww but he will always be a baby to me!!
 

Hope everyone is enjoyin' their Monday!
 
ALSO - Don't forget!
If you have a facebook, please click on the link below and go vote for me! I am trying to win my mama a dining room table and all YOU have to do is "like" my picture on their site. She deserves it so much! :)
Thank you to those who have voted already I love y'all!!

Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I voted. :)

Jen said...

I love all the baking you did! I'm guessing Scott was happy when he came home to all those treats?! lol. That event sounds cool too. The cast of Charlie and the Chocolate factory... I love that movie!!

Anastasia said...

So many yummi things!!!
I love watching movings as well during weekend :)
Have a great day!
xxxx

http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyLavenderDreams?ref=si_shop

Leah said...

That's so crazy that you saw all those people. Who would have thought the comic con would be so fun!

Best pre workout supplement said...

I love to watch that movie..
Thanks

Courtney said...

Way to volunteer girl! The event sounds like it was pretty spectacular. And p.s. Your nails are GORGEOUS! I love the french manicure look so much. If I didn't play piano I'm pretty sure I'd have my nails done to look just like that! Beautiful... sigh...