July 13, 2011

Pulled Pork Tacos

Today was a great day! As I got settled in at work this morning and checked my email, I had a planner for an interview next Thursday for a position I've been working so hard to get!! Ahhh! So excited! It will be a huge step up for me, and I am 110% prepared and ready to knock it out of the park! Wish me luck!! :-)

With the fabulous news, the rest of the day went by pretty quickly! As 8pm rolled around, I hopped in my car and headed home for some food! Yesterday I had made some Pulled Pork Tacos in my crockpot which were insanely amazing, and we had SO much leftover, that tonight I couldn't wait to enjoy some pulled pork again! Only tonight, I ate it on my whole wheat sandwich thin instead of a tortilla.

This is seriously one of the easiest, cheap recipes that will leave you with leftovers and a smile. :-)

Pulled Pork Tacos

Easy Crockpot Recipe!



Ingredients:
1 pork butt or shoulder
1 bottle BBQ Sauce
2-3 cups of water
1 medium onion
a few tortillas, or buns/sandwich thins for sandwiches

Directions:
Take thawed pork and rub with seasoning. I used garlic salt and a tiny bit of cajun seasoning for a kick! Chop the onions and place those in the crockpot. Once the meat is seasoned, place on top of the onions in the crockpot, and fill the pot with about 1/4 inch water. I always put the crockpot on high for the first hour, and then set to low for the rest of the day. Usually about 7 hours.

Once I got home from work, I drained out the water and kept most the onions in there. I used two forks and started pullin'!The pork is so tender and juicy it will make your mouth water. I filled the crockpot back up with my favorite BBQ Sauce which is Stubb's Spicy BBQ sauce. Absolutely amazing!! I let it sit for about another 30 minutes or so dying to dig in patiently waiting for my man to arrive home from work so we could eat!!


Once he got home, I jumped right back into the kitchen and heated up some tortillas! I topped my pork taco with a tiny bit leftover pico de gallo, and a small handful of a five cheese blend. These babies were so delish, look at these tacos....


Tonight I took advantage of my leftovers and made a pulled pork sammy!


I zapped the sandwich thin and a slice of meunster cheese in the oven on broil for a few minutes and went to town! Best part about this meal? The price. Check this out:

Good Grub on a Budget:
1 Boston/Pork Butt/Shoulder: $6
1 Bottle BBQ Sauce: $1.75
1 Medium Onion: $.69


So cheap and so amazing! Leftovers usually last at least a few more lunches/dinners.You should totally try it. :) Anyway, we're chilling at home tonight watching the ESPY's. Tomorrow, my sales team is having an offsite at the lake! I am so looking forward to a few hours of sunshine, frisbee, sand volley, football, and free lakeside restaurant food! Yay!

No comments: